If you are a rights owner and are concerned you have found a recording currently on our website for which you have not given permission, please contact us in writing. Our address is:
The Archive Centre
Please state the following in your letter or email:
- Your contact details
- The full catalogue details of the material
- The exact and full website address (URL) where you found the material
- An explanation of why the recording(s) should not be on our website
- Proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorised to act for the rights owner
Upon receipt of notification, the Notice and Take-down procedure is then invoked as follows:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from our website, pending an agreed solution.
- We will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint and under what allegations. They will be encouraged to address the complaint.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the website unchanged
- The material is replaced on the website with changes
- The material is permanently removed from the website
- If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through our website until a resolution has been reached.