Education in Norfolk
- Voluntary organisations and schools
- The Elementary Education Act 1870 and school board records
- Late 19th century legislation
- The Education Act 1902 and Education Committee records
- The Education Act 1918 and the Hadow Reports
- Secondary education and the Education Act 1944
- The Education Acts of 1973 and 1988
- Bibliography and further reading
The Education Acts of 1973 and 1988
The Education Act 1973 raised the school leaving age to 16 and in 1988 another Act introduced the National Curriculum.
It also introduced the GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) examination to replace O levels and the CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education).
We do not hold records containing information on examinations taken by individual pupils.
For further advice, see our guide to exam results and pupil files.