Wills and probate
- Probate inventories
- Reading probate records
- Church Courts - probate records before 11 January 1858
- How to find probate records before 11 January 1858
- How to find a will or administration after 11 January 1858
- How to order copies of probate records and further reading
How to order copies of probate records and further reading
You can search for and order wills and administrations from anywhere in England and Wales, from 1858 to 1996, from the GOV.UK website.
- T Arkell, N Evans and N Goose, When death us do part: understanding and interpreting the probate records of early modern England (Oxford, 2000)
- K Grannum and N Taylor, Wills and Other Probate Records (The National Archives, 2004)
- J Gibson, and E Churchill, Probate Jurisdictions: Where To Look For Wills, (5th edn, Federation of Family History Societies, 2002)
- M D Herber, Ancestral Trails (Society of Genealogists, 2000)
- S A Raymond, Words from Wills and other probate records (Federation of Family History Societies, 2004)
- The National Archives’ research guide, Wills and Probate: Further Research.